A powerful way to manifest abundance and prosperity
What is a positive affirmation, and how does it work?
Positive affirmations are some of the most powerful ways in the world to attract what you desire and deserve.
You can use affirmations to manifest abundance, relationships, lifestyle and career.
To get the best results, they have a certain structure you need to follow. In this article I’ll define what a positive affirmation is and how it works.
What is a Positive affirmation: the definition
Lets define the 2 words separately first, to see how they work together.
- The term Positive means life-affirming, productive, confident, good and healthy
- Affirmations are a clear statement of your faith to manifest (bring into being) what you desire, want, need or are meant for
When you combine these two terms you get your answer.
Positive affirmation defined:
A positive affirmation is a statement of your faith and readiness to receive what is already yours by divine right.
Positive affirmations release your abundance, prosperity and peace from the universe, where it is stored. Abundance is already yours by divine right. It is waiting for you!
To release it (for the affirmation to manifest) you need 2 things:
- To have true faith and belief it will manifest
- Be mentally ready to receive it
My free Positive Affirmations Worksheet shows you exactly how to compose positive affirmations.
Free Positive Affirmations Worksheet
How do positive affirmations work?
Positive affirmations are powerful ways to manifest what you desire.
However, in order for them to work, there is a certain process to follow.
For instance, let’s say you try to take an affirmation quote someone else has written. You want to use it as your own positive affirmation.
But are your belief systems, desires and understanding of the world the same as theirs?
Probably not. So their quote is not likely to be understood by your subconscious mind.
Let me give you a few positive self talk quotes examples.
- “Every decision I make is supported by my whole and inarguable experience.”
- “I am capable of balancing ease and effort in my life.”
- “I am held and supported by those who love me.”
These positive affirmation quotes may be relevant to the author. But do they make sense to you?
I’ll bet your subconscious mind is saying “Huh? What the heck is an inarguable experience!”
Everyone has a different belief system. This means everyone requires customized affirmations, relevant to them.
What is the best way to manifest an affirmation?
To understand the best way to manifest a positive affirmation, let’s look at how it works:
- The universe holds all the answers. It holds all the abundance, prosperity and freedom from anxiety that you desire
- In order for an affirmation to manifest, you need to connect to the universe and work together to release it
- Your abundance is bestowed by the universe. (The universe may also be known by terms such as infinite intelligence, shared mind of humanity, the universal superconscious, etc.)
- The way to connect to the universe is to affirm what you want through your subconscious mind
- Your subconscious properly presents your desire to the universe: if you have true faith and readiness to receive, the universe will bestow it
- The universe then releases the people, places, events and things you desire
Meme: The process for manifesting affirmations
The universe bestows your abundance
Follow this meme to see the path:
- You clearly affirm what you want
- You instruct your subconscious to connect to the universe with your intentions
- The universe bestows what you want
Remember, the universe loves you! Have faith in the belief of a positive outcome.
Positive Affirmations for Work
If you desire to identify your Career Destiny or compose career affirmations that are relevant to you, try my FREE guide, Positive Affirmations for Work.
What is the difference between a quote and an affirmation?
An affirmation is a statement you compose. A quote is a statement someone else wrote that you recite to bring into being.
Quotes have much less chance of working , because they are an affirmation of someone else’s thoughts and belief system.
This is why I encourage you to use my free guides here to write your own, relevant affirmations and quotes.
The universe bestows what you are ready for
You will manifest what the universe believes you are ready for.
For example, if you desire a million dollars, but have mismanaged your finances, your affirmation may not manifest.
If you desire a fulfilling love relationship, but have burned all your past partners, the universe may be reluctant to bestow it upon you until you make a heartfelt change.
Note: The universe wants you to be happy and fulfilled. But it expects you to make a change in your beliefs in order to bestow prosperity.
If you are struggling with negative self talk and limiting beliefs, take a look at my resource on negative self talk examples.
It explains how you may be blocking your faith in yourself and the universe.
Positive affirmations transform your faith: in yourself and in the universe
Affirmations require repetition to work. The repetition forms a change in your belief system.
Over time, you change how you look at yourself. This changes how you look at the world, and how the world looks at you!
To affirm career abundance
As a career mindset coach, getting you clear about your career mission, so you can manifest your Career Destiny is my only focus.
My home study course, Define Your Career Destiny helps you discover the career role where you can be the superstar.
It covers positive affirmations, building faith beliefs and the 5 factors that identify the career or business you are meant for.
To find out if my process is right for you, I offer a Free Career Discovery Guide: How to Unlock your Career Destiny. Just enter your first name and email and I’ll send it to you immediately.
Unlock your Career Destiny today with my FREE Guide
that every job seeker must know to make a career change
to the job they will love for a lifetime.
Note: This guide is written by a real human, synthesizing years of experience and research to provide you a solution.
It was not written by an A.I. bot that ‘covers all the bases’ by rehashing content scraped from other articles, but doesn’t really provide you with true human-helpful conclusions.
About the author:
Larry LaFata is founder of defineyourcareer.com, and a Career Mindset and Career Development Coach.
He is dedicated to help you discover your Career Destiny, regardless of your background, education or experience.
Larry’s innovative courses include:
- Define Your Career Destiny one week home study course: a step-by-step career self-assessment that identifies your lifetime career mission
- Career Destiny Workshop for Friends, a two hour online business discovery workshop guided by a career discovery coach: identify your shared business destiny
- Career Development Planning Workshops: helps small businesses set up lean Employee Development Plans that focus on ninja performance improvement