About Define Your Career
The best way to tell you about define your career is to tell you about our mission.
Define Your Career is dedicated to manifesting your career destiny and eliminating underemployment. With a recent study from Gallup Organization The State of the American Work Place showing 70% of Americans don’t like their jobs, and are not fully engaged, this is a large workplace issue:
“Gallup finds that (of approximately 100 million holding full time jobs) the 30 million engaged
employees in the U.S. come up with most of the innovative ideas, create most of a company’s
new customers, and have the most entrepreneurial energy.”
You want to be one of the engaged ones. To thrive – not just survive. With our career plan
blueprint and dedication to your breakthrough, you can.
Who does Define Your Career serve?
- If you are job hunting and want to stand out from all other job candidates
- If you are considering a new career
- If you have graduated University and are not sure what career path is best for you
- If you suffer with low pay, working conditions, long hours, long commute or bad bosses
- If you are experienced, and want to change your career
- If you have been downsized, laid off or your industry has been outsourced
- Before you make the huge, expensive commitment of continuing education
as a path to change careers or enhance career – you want to be sure you are
investing in your career destiny
This work experience diagram shows what level of career planning may be required
What’s our secret?
Simple. The Define Your Career assessment process is a career plan blueprint that takes
proven business marketing strategies that successful businesses use. It applies those
strategies to help you assess the ideal employment or business venture that works for you as
Successful businesses know what value they best bring to market, and know how to message
that value to generate business. You will understand how to harness that same power for
yourself as an individual.
So instead of being a commodity, just another employee looking for just another job, you are a
branded superstar that knows what your greatest marketable value is. You’re someone who
knows where they fit and knows where they are going. So the hiring process is near effortless
and in fact will magnetically attract you. This means:
- No competition – you will find career and business opportunities no one else can
- Lifetime job security – because you create a solution that is unique to just you – you
create a lifetime employment path that no one can ever take from you or fire you from
- Career satisfaction – because you are working with the right community and right
audience, you are happiest and most productive
- Certainty in your career decisions – if you are deciding if being an entrepreneur is right
for you, or if you should invest in continuing education, or even move to a new city, this
process vets your decision
How does it work?
You simply slide down a funnel of 10 career self-assessment exercises that reveal what career
or business is optimal for you, in less time than it takes to watch your favorite movie.
These assessments each build on each other to reveal the key 5 contributing factors of your
career destiny. At the end of the process you will discover:
- Where can you be the rock star
- Where do you create the most value
- What audience you are destined to serve
- What community you best work within
- Which talents or skills produce the most marketable value
- How to use what lifestyle you are interested in and desire as part of your employment
- What values and beliefs power your “employment enjoyment”
- If you are an entrepreneur – what business venture is right for you
What career blueprint and self-assessment products does DefineYourCareer.com offer?
Define Your Career – the ultimate career plan blueprint
Define Your Career Destiny – a complete career plan action plan
– includes Define Your Career – plus a Goals Project manager, and a Career Action Plan
Career Destiny Fast Track – a coached, three week career plan intensive
– a structured, coached version of the CareerPlan Pro Trilogy over three weeks
Coaching support helps you through obstacles, to brainstorms ways to segue into your career destiny, and to keep you motivated
Career Plan coaching consults – reasonable $37 coaching consults
How to use Rewards to motivate your team – rewards plans to motivate employees
Values Based Motivation – motivate yourself and others
What else do you do here?
We also provide career planning speaking engagements at colleges (pro-bono at prisons and shelters) which include one day and 2 day career blueprint workshops and speaking on other career planning topics.
About the author – Larry LaFata
The author and publisher, Larry LaFata, specializes in curing your underemployment.
He has taken his 20 years of business marketing experience, and re-engineered it into a process that powers individuals to release their most powerful economic value.
“The one thing I see repeatedly in failing small businesses and individuals is a lack of focus on
identifying where you shine best. That is my focus here.” Says LaFata.
LaFata left the Bond Market on Wall Street in the late 80’s, started a sales and marketing
consulting company in 1994, called Working by Design LLC. He has helped numerous
businesses and individuals with their sales and marketing since then.
He has simply taking the same proven branding and marketing process that works for business and applies those same strategies to branding & marketing you as an individual.
What don’t we do?
Our career path planning helps you discover your new career destiny or entrepreneurial
business venture, and create a plan to achieve it. That is what we do, that is all we do here.
What we don’t do is:
- We NEVER use psychometric tests, personality tests, career tests or aptitude tests –
these tests are designed to score you, classify you or put you in a category box like
cattle – not help you discover where your unique value is
- We don’t offer vague Life Coaching
- We don’t offer Resume services except for coaching clients
- We don’t offer job listings
To get an idea of what our career planning materials provide, we offer a Free Report:
How to Supercharge Your Job Search
this free Report is Chapter One from Define Your Career ebook. Give it a try.