Frequently Asked Questions About Define Your Career
Define Your Career is dedicated to your career destiny and eliminating underemployment. You will often hear me say “Your breakthrough is my business!” and “Millions are waiting for you!” and I truly mean it.
With a recent study from Gallup Organization The State of the American Work Place showing 70%
of Americans don’t like their jobs, and are not fully engaged, this is a large workplace issue:
“Gallup finds that (of approximately 100 million holding full time jobs) the 30 million engaged
employees in the U.S. come up with most of the innovative ideas, create most of a company’s
new customers, and have the most entrepreneurial energy.”
You want to be one of the engaged ones. To thrive – not just survive. With our career plan
blueprint, you can.
Who does Define Your Career serve?
- If you are job hunting and want to stand out from all other job candidates
- If you are considering a new career
- If you have graduated University and are not sure what career path is best for you
- If you suffer with low pay, working conditions, long hours, long commute or bad bosses
- If you are experienced, and want to change your career
- If you have been downsized, laid off or your industry has been outsourced
- If you are a College Student Advisor or Career Counselor, and want to make fast progress with students who are unclear about their career destiny
- Before you make the huge, expensive commitment of continuing education
as a path to change careers or enhance career – you want to be sure you are
investing in your career destiny
- If you want to Define Your Brand
What’s our secret?
Simple. The Define Your Career assessment process is a career plan blueprint that takes
proven business marketing strategies that successful businesses use. It applies those
strategies to help you assess the ideal employment or business venture that works for you as
Successful businesses know what value they best bring to market, and know how to message
that value to generate business. You will understand how to harness that same power for
yourself as an individual.
So instead of being a commodity, just another employee looking for just another job, you are a
branded superstar that knows what your greatest marketable value is. You’re someone who
knows where they fit and knows where they are going. So the hiring process is near effortless
and in fact will magnetically attract you. This means:
- No competition – you will find career and business opportunities no one else can
- Lifetime job security – because you create a solution that is unique to just you – you
create a lifetime employment path that no one can ever take from you or fire you from
- Career satisfaction – because you are working with the right community and right
audience, you are happiest and most productive
- Certainty in your career decisions – if you are deciding if being an entrepreneur is right
for you, or if you should invest in continuing education, or even move to a new city, this
process vets your decision
How does it work?
You simply slide down a funnel of 10 career self-assessment exercises that reveal what career
or business is optimal for you, in less time than it takes to watch your favorite movie.
These assessments each build on each other to reveal the key 5 contributing factors of your
career destiny. At the end of the process you will discover:
- Where can you be the rock star
- Where do you create the most value
- What audience you are destined to serve
- What community you best work within
- Which talents or skills produce the most marketable value
- How to use what lifestyle you are interested in and desire as part of your employment
- What values and beliefs power your “employment enjoyment”
- If you are an entrepreneur – what business venture is right for you
We organized it cleanly without distractions. Each chapter builds on the previous one to reveal your career destiny at end.
What career blueprint and self-assessment products does DefineYourCareer.com offer?
Define Your Career – the ultimate career plan blueprint
CareerPlan Pro Trilogy – a complete career plan action plan
– includes Define Your Career – plus a Goals Project manager, and a Career Action Plan
CareerPlan Pro – Fast Track Option – a coached, three week career plan intensive
– a structured, coached version of the CareerPlan Pro Trilogy over three weeks
Career Plan coaching – reasonable $37 coaching consults to help you through obstacles, to
brainstorms ways to segue into your career destiny, and to keep you motivated
How to use Rewards to motivate your team – rewards plans to motivate employees
Values Based Motivation – motivate yourself and others
What else do you do here?
Once you define your optimal career, our CareerPlan Pro program provides career planning
which includes Goal Setting and Career Action Plan. We also support the career planning
process with very reasonable $37 coaching sessions.
About the author – Larry LaFata
The author and publisher, Larry LaFata, specializes in curing your underemployment.
He has taken his 20 years of business marketing experience, and re-engineered it into a process that powers individuals to release their most powerful economic value.
“The one thing I see repeatedly in failing small businesses and individuals is a lack of focus on
identifying where you shine best. That is my focus here.” Says LaFata.
LaFata left the Bond Market on Wall Street in the late 80’s, started a sales and marketing
consulting company in 1994, called Working by Design LLC. He has helped numerous
businesses and individuals with their sales and marketing since then.
He has simply taking the same proven branding and marketing process that works for business and applies those same strategies to branding & marketing you as an individual.
What don’t we do?
Our new career path planning helps you discover your new career destiny or entrepreneurial
business venture, and create a plan to achieve it. That is what we do, that is all we do here.
What we don’t do is:
- We NEVER use psychometric tests, personality tests, career tests or aptitude tests –
these tests are designed to score you, classify you or put you in a category box like
cattle – not help you discover where your unique value is
- We don’t offer vague Life Coaching or social work
- We don’t offer Resume services except for coaching clients
- We don’t offer job listings
To get an idea of what we provide, we offer a Free Report: How to Supercharge Your Job Search
this free Report is Chapter One from Define Your Career ebook
How do I deal with the New Paradigm of Job Scarcity?
The harsh 21st job market you may have experienced, with its jobs scarcity, global outsourcing of jobs, multiple applicants applying for the same position as you, crappy low-paying jobs – and now, immigration policy and robotics – is absolutely destroying the number, the structure of, they type of and availability of traditional jobs.
This New Paradigm of Job Scarcity and the changing nature of the jobs market requires you to take creative approaches and find breakthrough solutions in defining your greatest and best career value. You can’t just show up, you have to focus on what you are a natural fit so you can win out over the competition.
By going through a valid self-assessment process, it changes everything.
When you know and can express where you belong, where you can be a Rockstar, it gives you a tremendous competitive advantage – you are no longer a commodity. Every choice you make is on purpose, not random. Write this down and put it on your wall:
Once you define your optimal career role,
it is like a GPS that guides all of your
career, business and relationship choices
The new paradigm of job scarcity means you need a new paradigm for your sob search and career planning, too. You have to be smart, focused, and have a plan to beat the odds.
What if I don’t have any experience in the career path that’s right for me?
Many do not have the experience for the jobs they are seeking. This is where career planning comes in.
You have a set of goals you are working towards on your career path. Accomplishing these goals is what gives you the experience and connections to move you up and along your career path.
When you are guided by a plan, serendipity happens. The right people, resources, places, events and “lucky breaks” happen at the right time to support your efforts.
For example, you may first hear about a new musician who is getting radio airplay, only to find they got their “lucky break” after touring for 7 years to get to that point!
Many actors wait tables for years until they get their break. The key point is: knowing they have a plan makes waiting tables a lot easier, because it is part of their goals they need to accomplish.
Why should I start my job search at DefineYourcareer.com?
DefineYourcareer.com lays the ground work for your successful job search, because instead of random results, you have done your homework and are guided by a solid career path plan.
How much more powerful would your job search be, and how much more compelling is your case to be hired, than when you have assessed what you optimal employment path is – that you belong there without any doubt?
How much tougher will you be when the going gets difficult, when you hit an obstacle, if you have a career path you are following?
How much traction will you gain in looking for the right job or business venture when all your employment decisions are made with your career plan guiding you?
Consider the Define Your Career process as the prequel to your job search. Knowing where you are going and what your plan is, gives you a confidence that will supercharge your job search like nothing else.
Why is Define Your Career a better way to go?
- We focus on only one thing – your career path planning. This makes us among the best at what we do
- We’re more effective – because we focus on your core needs and your most marketable value; beyond just making money or being broke doing what you love
- We’re more fun – because you take one step at a time, at your own pace
- We’re proven – the Define Your Career self-assessment process is based on proven business marketing strategies – so if you carry out your plan, its likely to work
- We’re cheaper – because we only focus on one thing: defining your career path or business venture and putting it into an Action Plan.
- We care more – a coach is there for you every step of the way to support you
- We’re faster – because once you have a plan, you’ll get from A to Z quicker
- We’re empowering – we empower you to take control of your future in a solid way
- We tell the truth – for every Taylor Swift, Bruce Willis or Beyoncé success story there are 9,999,999 fails. Don’t live for the long shot
The top 12 reasons to define your career purpose
When you are working in your optimal employment, you have that shining confidence and happiness that is fluid and light; it propels you to success.
Working in your defined career or business venture means:
- Lucrative – when you use your unique talents, that only you have, you can charge more in the marketplace because you are not just another employee widget or commodity
- Job security – when you are serving the right audience with the right service from your right community, you build lifetime job security
- Good health and low stress – when you are living out your inspired career purpose, you have less stress and a healthier outlook and enthusiasm
- More free time – expressing your optimum career purpose in your ideal niche or community means you efforts give you such high value return that you don’t have to work as many hours
- Effortless job search – when you’ve define your optimal employment, your right business venture or job offer reveals itself
- Celebrity – because you excel at what you do, you become renowned in your community as the go-to source for your services. Clients seek you out.
- Enjoyment and satisfaction – because you are employing your most natural and most powerful attributes, you get tremendous satisfaction and joy from your work
- Loyalty – when you serve your niche community, they are more loyal and become repeat buyers of your service
- No internal conflicts – when your values and principles are in agreement, you are free from conflicts about your career purpose
- Your community – when you define your career you are serving with your ideal community of your peers
- Your gift – a defined career employs your best talents
- Motivated – delivering your highest marketable value keeps you stoked!
The top 12 bummers if you don’t define your career purpose
When you don’t define your career, just working the job, and are broke, bored, uncertain or underemployed, it can be a bummer:
- Health – your health suffers if you are in a wrong career
- Shaky job stability – when you are a bad fit for a job, you are the first to be laid off or fired
- Broke – you don’t make as much money as you could
- Relationships – when you are miserable or underemployed, your relationships can suffer tremendously
- Beastly Boss – in the wrong job situation, you conflict with your boss – though she’s otherwise a nice person!
- Happiness – obviously, if you are unfulfilled, you’re not as happy as you could be
- Values conflicts – the wrong employment can create internal values conflicts that torture you
- Community – in the wrong gig, you deprive yourself of working in the community of peers you could be thriving in
- Talents – you don’t use your best talents and waste them
- Loss of control – when you are not in your optimal career, you don’t have control of your working environment; this can create high stress
- Addictions – when you are miserable in your employment, you often look for ways to ease the pain with addictions like drinking, over eating, and otherwise self-destructive or risky behavior
Your exhilarating career path awaits you. Employment enjoyment is attainable with a plan.
Your guiding light is within you, it just needs to be stoked into the bright light that can guide you. Why stay stuck in the dark?
What does career plan coaching provide?
Coaching is provided to support on the career planning materials. The benefits of coaching can be fully laid out at www.DefineYourcareer.com/coaching
The main advantages of coaching are:
- A career professional – who is outside your circle of family and friends – can give you more straightforward career advice
- You get much better coaching advice about career path planning from the author who knows the topic best
Couching consults support what you are doing in the Define Your Career eBook. Just sign up for a $37 consult for wherever you get stuck in any of the 10 chapters, or when you have completed the eBook and want to expand on your results.
Coaching consults also support CareerPlan Pro program and are automatically included in the CareerPlan Pro Fast Track course.
What else do you offer?
Our only focus is career path planning to help you discover what career or business is right for you, and to set a goal-oriented action plan to achieve it.
All our services are geared to supporting career path planning. This includes Define Your Career, CareerPlan Pro and coaching consults to support your use of them.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us:
Or you can call us (8 am to 8pm Easter Standard Time): 845-589-0600